I’m Claire – certified yoga instructor and holistic nutrition coach. My philosophy is that we are all our own healers given the right tools and knowledge. I work with the time-tested wisdom of Ayurveda and Yoga to empower you with greater self-awareness and connection to your true nature.
I began my health journey in my early teenage years, struggling with chronic digestive problems and searching for the answers to my own healing. Armed with a juicer and a passion for those quiet moments spent creating in the kitchen, I began to recover my health through purposeful cleansing and eating a plant-centered diet. You can read more about my journey to heal my digestion here.
I knew sharing this passion for food was my calling. I went to college in DC to study international affairs, development and sustainable agriculture, and worked at the UN International Fund for Agriculture Development.
I traveled to India with an anthropology research grant, and deepened my studies in Ashtanga yoga and Ayurveda while in Mysore. When I returned home, I found myself making a bigger influence in my local community, teaching yoga and opening minds one good meal at a time.
So instead of a life in policy shaping, I now choose to make an impact by sharing my knowledge in sattvic living and empower women to reconnect with their own inner wisdom. Learn more about my offerings and how we can work together to create balanced health and inspired wellness in your daily life.
Nutrition & Wellness Education
- George Washington University, BA in International Development & Sociocultural Anthropology
- Institute of Integrative Nutrition, Holistic Health Coach, AADP
- Kripalu School of Ayurveda, Certified Ayurvedic Health Counselor
- Dr. Robert Svoboda & Dr. Claudia Welch, Foundations of Ayurveda
- Ayurveda & Women’s Health with Terra Rafael
- Healthier Hormones with Dr. Claudia Welch
- Marma Chikitsa Intensive with Dr. Vasant Lad
- Ayurveda Psychology with Manjusha Vinjamury
- Panchakarma Apprenticeship with Myrica Morningstar
- Fertility Awareness Method Training
- DONA Certified Birth Doula Training
- Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Instructor, E-RYT & YACEP
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology
- Intensive Ashtanga Yoga & Sanskrit Studies at KPJAYI in Mysore, India
- Vinyasa Krama Intensive with Srivasta Ramaswami
- Functional Yoga Therapy Advanced Assessments Training
- Pre-Natal & Postpartum Yoga Training
- Nondual Śākta-Śaiva Tantra Immersion
- ParaYoga Nidra with Rod Stryker
MY FOOD PHILOSOPHY
“I believe how we show up to the table matters just as much as the quality of the foods we select.”
I’ve been vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan, pescetarian, and flexitarian…when being culturally mindful living abroad. I’ve done the candida diet, colonics and cleanses of all sorts in search of healing. You name it – I’ve tried it. But what I’ve realized over my years of studies and personal trials, is that health isn’t static. What may work for you one month, may not the next. And that no single food, diet, or belief system is meant for everyone. So I’ve ditched the dietary dogma and strict beliefs, and have made the vow to honor what my body and mind needs each day.
Nowadays, my food philosophy tends to blend Ayurvedic principles with a functional nutrition approach, looking at how my environment influences my needs to stay nourished and in balance. I believe how we show up to the table matters just as much as the quality of the foods we select. I focus on using organic, sustainably sourced ingredients that help support local agriculture efforts. I eat this way because these are the practices I’ve learned make me feel the best – eating simple, eating seasonally, and eating with intention. Explore my recipes page for more food inspiration.